Deciding to dissolve or reconcile a difficult marriage is not easy and should never be taken lightly. Pre-divorce Counseling neither dissuades nor encourages divorce. Rather, it is intended to help acquire clarity so you can make an informed decision about whether or not divorce is the best option for you and your family.
- Explore events and dynamics contributing to why you are contemplating the option of divorce.
- Clarify if these dynamics are permanent or transitional in nature.
- Anticipate the impact divorce will have on your life beyond ending the marital relationship (i.e. financial, emotional, social, and physical).
- Understand the impact divorce commonly has on others (i.e. spouse, children, extended family, and friends).
- Develop skills for effectively communicating your intention to divorce or reconcile.
- Create agreements with your spouse prior to separation that minimizes the conflict and distress for all parties affected.