Multiple factors contribute to the distress children experience during and after divorce. Unfortunately, parents only have influence over two: managing to what extent emotions affect their parenting and minimizing conflict with the other parent. Co-parenting Training teaches divorced couples how to parent with their ex-spouse in a manner that maximizes their children’s well-being while minimizing distress for all involved.
- Understand the impact divorce has on children and how to prioritize their well-being post-divorce.
- Transition from the role of “spouse” to the role of “co-parent.”
- Manage the anger and conflict that commonly occurs in bi-nuclear families.
- Create agreed upon expectations and negotiate differences with your co-parent.
- Commit to co-parenting through your children’s various developmental stages.